Dear moderator,
So finally u said it....An excerpt from yr
mail..."there are many decent ppl who use the net to
meet ppl for friendship/love/realtionship".
So, such people who seek love and relationship are
"decent". So far u have chosen yr words very
carefully. But it seems the true feelings have just
come out. Thanks, now I respect u more.
Somu

--- Vikram <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
You're mostly finding people on the Net who are only interested in sex because
the Net is where most people just go for sex. You wouldn't look for fish in the
vegetable market, so why not try to find the guys you're looking for in the
right place? And that sure isn't online?

Look, most people go to the Net because it's perfect for anonymous encounters,
so people who want that will get that. But try coming to meetings, parties,
film screenings of the kind organised by Gaybombay or Humsafar and you will
meet people in person and those are more likely to result in relationships.

In the seven years its been in existence Gaybombay has facilitated many long
term relationships, including my own, which was one of the first. But I'm
pretty sure all these happened at real life meetings, not over the Net. So stop
looking for what the Net is unlikely to give and try coming to a real world
meeting where you might get what you want,

Vikram

i disagree with vikram. it is not black and white as vikram is making it out to
be. there are many decent ppl who use the net to meet ppl for
friendship/love/realtionship . of course there are those who seek sex. but then
this happens in gb paries/meeting as well.. there are some who come to enjoy or
make friends and then there are those who come for finding a buddy for quick
casual sex. to label either the internet or even the parties/meets one way or
the other would not be a fair assesment

regards

moderator

--- In gay_bombay@yahoogroups.com, "handsome_redfort" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

I've been chatting on net for the last 5 month... meet many guys on net. Before
i started out on internet I use to see this fuzzy dream that I would meet the
kind of guy I m looking for. Some one to put my head on his sholder when I m
feeling low and many other things which sound quite soothing for a shy and
introward guy like me. I registered myself to the various dating sites.  get
Its all start off with the good and nice words and comes to end with SEX. Is
the sex the only thing for a person to enter into friendship with ? Why can't
people see the world beyond sex beyond being physical lusty. I m belonging to
the community which lives under dark. I have many issues to share. But no one
cares. I guess may be I m expecting too much good from the people. I believed
in the story of peoples who love each other without any conditions. May be its
all hype in the stories and nothing more then that............. I m fed up with
the never ending search of this kind

http://us.click.yahoo.com/X3SVTD/izNLAA/E2hLAA/WfTolB/TM

This message was posted to the gay_bombay Yahoo! Group. Responses to messages
(by clicking "Reply") will also be posted on the eGroup and sent to all
members. If you'd like to respond privately to the author of any message then
please compose and send a new email message to the author's email address.

Post:-  gay_bombay@yahoogroups.com

Archives are at
http://www.mail-archive.com/gay_bombay%40yahoogroups.com/maillist.html