I used to always think that people would just know I'm gay because
I'm so nelly. Some straight people still didn't seem to notice,
especially women who have wanted me to date them (to my utter
surprise and horror! ha ha).  But I think a gay man is usually pretty
good at spotting another gay man without anything special on him.
Usually the second he opens his mouth, the cat is out of the bag.

Peter

--- In gay_bombay@yahoogroups.com, Roger F <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I think the point is not to identify bottom/top/versitile it's more
to identify being gay.  Have you never been out in a non-gay specific
place such as a store saw someone you found attractive, but should
you approach or not?  Should you decide to approach and he turns out
to be hetero, he may just turn you down, or beat the crap out of
you.  My understanding with wrist bands is that you don't have to
wonder, if the person you see has a wrist band to identify gay the
only thing you risk is being turned down.

>   Let's face it straight people don't have to worry, if a guy walks
up to a girl to talk does he need to worry about hetero/homo, the
answer is NO, if she turns out to be a lesbian she is not exactly
going to start calling names or hitting the guy.  Do you get the
point or am I just rambling on?

>   Roger
>
> Ramesh <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>     I agree with Cooper.  Why must we wear our sexuality on our
sleeve (or wrist?).  Do heterosexual men wear some sort of
identification to let the girls know they're "straight" (hate the
term)?  It's time the gay world stopped being so paranoid about being
able to get the right catch.  There's nothing wrong with bumbling our
way through relationships the same as the rest of the world does.

> manu nehru <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:     Cooper,
>   I think he was just suggesting that wrist bands or some such
thing be worn for gays to easily identify each other and thus avoid
running into the wrong guys.
>   Manu
>
> doc cop <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>           hi
>   yesterday someone was inquiring about coloured wrist bands to
show there sexual preferances
>   Why should one where his sexuality on his hand???????????????
>
>   hetrosexuals have a wide range of sexual preferances
>   do they wear it on their hands
>   they find a freind and see if that person can b a mate too
>   and tehn explore the sexual compatibility and normally make the
best out of it

>   hence why should gays make the sex preferance their identity or
the priority in finding a freind