Dear friends,

I am happy to report that the India Caucus was held at the International
AIDS Conference in Mexico City on the 6th August 2008, which was attended by
the hon'ble health minister.
To a specific question raised by me on the inter cabinet discussion on 377,
his reply was:
" I can say that the health ministry and the health misiter is all for
repeal of 377. We are talking to the other ministiries, including the home
ministry, and we hope that we shall have a positive result to show for this
soon."

I would also like to add that another participent, Mr Anand Grover, the
right honourable UN special rapporteur for health and rights, was also
present and in his presentation, while touching on the issues of 377, he
mentioned misteriously about inter ministerial discussions to which we, the
general public cannot be privy, but which safely points to, in his opinion,
that 377 is on its way out in the near future.

This is FYI

Best regards to all.

Aditya Bondyopadhyay