From: myonepe...@aol.com <myonepe...@aol.com>
Subject: Re: g_b The last castrato: Moreschi: the Angel of Rome
To: gay_bombay@yahoogroups.com
Date: Wednesday, 10 December, 2008, 3:28 PM

In a message dated 12/9/2008 10:26:05 P.M. Pacific Standard Time,
adit.b...@gmail. com writes:

Hi Elizabeth, Thanks for lettingme know. I will try and look it up and if
possible in my next trip to Bangkok get a pirated copy. :-)
BTW one reason why I posted the article was also because I was kind of
fascinated by the similarity with Hijras (I know the differences are stark
too....). The fact that music, often devotional was the reason for castration..
..being one.

best,
Aditya B

Aditya

Possibly if we could catch them sooner...we could have some singers to put Asha
and Lata to shame..

But in India it is illegal to castrate before 18 without a parents permission..
.and most already cannot keep a tune...no less modulate...in falsetto or high
soprano...at that age..

In Bangkok and US drag bars most of the kathoey singers lip-synch... like most
movie stars in India..

Though probably not castrated... Michael Jackson remains my favorite...kathoey
real singer and dancer..

Elizabeth

Make your life easier with all your friends, email, and favorite sites in one
place. Try it now.

http://messenger.yahoo.com/invite/