As much I understand it,
Sodomy is not LEGALLY permitted i.e. No Law has been made that one can
indulge in peno-anal sex. (Though dictionary meaning of Sodomy includes
every kind of sex except sex done between a man & woman using their natural
genital organs).

But one can surely produce support of the Delhi HC Ruling about
decriminalisation of homosexual acts done under private places.

Hence, in general, one can say that NOW homosexual acts are PERMITTED.
Abhay