http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/2010/05/07/2010-05-07_lucien_the_escort_antigay_minister_george_allan_rekers_is_homosexual_who_bought_.html

'Lucien' the escort: Anti-gay minister George Allan Rekers is homosexual who
bought nude massages

BY Neil Nagraj <http://www.nydailynews.com/authors/Neil%20Nagraj>
DAILY NEWS STAFF WRITER

Friday, May 7th 2010, 4:26 PM

The anti-gay crusader snared this week in a gay sex scandal is a homosexual
who "liked being rubbed down there," the escort at the center of the flap
confirmed in a new interview.

During a recent vacation on which the escort accompanied George Alan Rekers,
the Baptist minister paid for daily nude body rubs, the man identified as
"Lucien" told the Miami New
Times.<http://blogs.miaminewtimes.com/riptide/2010/05/george_rekers_is_a_homosexual_says_escort.php>He
told the newspaper Rekers created a name for his preferred massage
technique - "the long stroke," a rubdown that involves complex
below-the-belt touching.

The newspaper reported this week that Rekers - a vocal proponent of
gay-to-straight conversion therapy - found "Lucien" on the gay escorting
site RentBoy.com and retained his services for a 10-day European vacation.

When contacted by the paper, Rekers acknowledged he'd hired "Lucien," but
denied he knew the man's profession until halfway through their trip.

"I had surgery," Rekers told the Miami New Times, "and I can't lift luggage.
That's why I hired him."

Rekers also said in a Facebook interview with the blog joe.my.god that he
tried ministering to the 20-year-old gigolo and teach him "it is possible to
cease homosexual practices to avoid the unacceptable health risks associated
with that behavior."

Rekers was a co-founder in 1983 - along with evangelical stalwart James
Dobson - of the Family Research Council. The advocacy group describes itself
as championing "marriage and family as the foundation of civilization, the
seedbed of virtue, and the wellspring of society."

Rekers claims on his Web site to have been a fixture in Washington for
decades, advising on child welfare to both the White House and Congress.
He also is a board member of NARTH, a group that argues homosexual desires
can be "cured" with therapy, and the author of "Growing Up Straight: What
Families Should Know About Homosexuality."

Rekers has slammed the Miami New Times' reporting as "slanderous" and full
of "misleading innuendo," adding, "there was nothing inappropriate" about
his relationship with "Lucien."