On Wed, 16 Mar 2005, Mark Mitchell wrote:

> > It seems like we are lying about the alignment of the pa, pb, pc
> > arguments but I don't see a way around this.
>
> Make them array arguments, instead of pointer arguments.  I'm not sure if GCC
> is smart enough to still vectorize them in that case, but that's the right way
> to express it.  An aligned array-of-floats decays to an aligned
> pointer-to-float, i.e., the pointer is known to be aligned, but the object
> pointed to is just a float not an aligned float.

And arithmetic on an aligned pointer-to-float should then result in a
plain pointer-to-float.

We don't yet implement either attributes on array parameters applying to
the array not the pointer, or attributes inside the [] of the array
parameter applying to the pointer.  (This is documented in "Attribute
Syntax".)

--
Joseph S. Myers               http://www.srcf.ucam.org/~jsm28/gcc/
    [EMAIL PROTECTED] (personal mail)