On Apr 4, 2005, at 3:21 PM, Alexandre Oliva wrote:

On Apr  4, 2005, Dale Johannesen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

On Apr 4, 2005, at 2:32 PM, Alexandre Oliva wrote:
On Mar 26, 2005, Graham Stott <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
I do regular bootstraps of mainline all languages on FC3
i686-pc-linuux-gnu and haven't seen any problemss upto Friday. I'm
using --enable-checking=tree,misc,rtl,rtlflag which might make a
difference.

I'm still observing this problem every now and then.  It's not
consistent or easily reproducible, unfortunately.  I suspect we're
using pointers somewhere, and that stack/mmap/whatever address
randomization is causing different results.  I'm looking into it.

I've found 2 bugs over the last 6 months where the problem is exposed
only if two pointers happen to hash to the same bucket. It's occurred
to me that doing a bootstrap with all hashtable sizes set to 1 might be
a good idea.

Perhaps. But the fundamental problem is that we shouldn't be hashing on pointers, and tree-eh.c does just that for finally_tree and throw_stmt_table.

Hmm. Of the earlier bugs, in http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc-patches/2004-12/msg01760.html the hash table in question is built by DOM, and in http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc-patches/2005-03/msg01810.html it's built by PRE (VN). I don't think there's general agreement that "we shouldn't be hashing on pointers"....