Sadly, it's become clear there's going to have to be a second release candidate. In particular, there are some wrong-code bugs that are popping up on real packages on primary platforms. Jason Merill is looking into some of the C++ issues, but he's in Lillehammer this week for the ISO meeting.

Therefore, I'm going to allow some of the queued patches into 4.0 at this time. If your patch isn't on this list, but is here:

http://gcc.gnu.org/wiki/Last-Minute%20Requests%20for%204.0.0

I'm still considering it. I'll let you know if I've firmly decided that your patch will not be in RC2.

I don't have a date for RC2 yet; that will depend in part on when Jason is able to fix the C++ issues. However, I would certainly hope that we could get it done shortly.

Here are the patches approved thus far for RC2:

    * http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc-patches/2005-04/msg01108.html

      Patch to fix __builtin_apply_args on SPARC (specific).

    * http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc-patches/2005-04/msg01036.html

      GLIBC does not compile on S390.

    * http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc-patches/2005-04/msg01015.html

      Fortran fix.