GCC 4.1 is going rather well thus far.

Technically, Stage 1 ended on April 25th, though I failed to announce that. There are a few stage 1 tasks that have not made it in yet, according to the Wiki:

# Autovectorization Enhancements
Items 1.4, 2.1, 2.3 (1.3)
# CFG Transparent Inlining, Profile-Guided Inlining (1.3)
# Compilation Level Analysis of Types and Static Variables (1.3)
# Pre-Inline Optimizations (1.3)
# Structure Aliasing Part II (1.3)
# Profiling on Trees, gcov on Trees (1.2)

Which of these have not yet been submitted? For those that have not been submitted, is a submission forthcoming shortly? If not, I'm going to have to drop these from the 4.1 release plan.

Certainly, we should consider ourselves in Stage 2 at this point. Significant changes are still fair game, but not *major* changes. Generally, things big enough to need their own branch should now be considered on hold for 4.2.

Stage 2 was scheduled to end June 25th -- which happens to be during the GCC Summit. That doesn't seem like a good idea, so let's push it back to July 8th.

Regressions targeted at 4.1 -- but not any previous release -- number "only" 80. However, a casual look suggests that there are at least some of those that should not in fact have a release target. We do still have a lot of 4.0 regressions, though, that also apply to 4.1; I would encourage people to particularly target PRs that apply to both releases.

--
Mark Mitchell
CodeSourcery, LLC