Matthew Woodcraft <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> There is at least one serious distribution which has considered having no
> /usr/sbin/sendmail (or mailx) in a default installation:
>
> http://lists.ubuntu.com/archives/ubuntu-devel/2005-February/004207.html

What a horrible idea.  It's not just about LSB compliance - programs
shouldn't have to implement their own SMTP senders, they should be
able to rely on /usr/sbin/sendmail.  (I personally go even farther,
and consider any program [other than a dedicated MTA] which contains
its own SMTP sender, rather than relying on /usr/sbin/sendmail, to be
buggy.)

This is no longer on-topic for gcc@, though.

zw