On Tue, 17 May 2005, Joel Sherrill <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> > For future reference, where patches should be sent is explained here:
> > http://gcc.gnu.org/lists.html
>
> OK .. and Bugzilla or http://gcc.gnu.org/bugs.html references that link how?
>
> A search for "patch" in the bug reporting instructions does not mention
> anything about cc'ing any patch list.

The instructions on contributing to GCC,
<http://gcc.gnu.org/contribute.html>, do however link to lists.html for
details of the appropriate lists, and give a lot of other information
patch submitters will need to know.  (This information about mailing lists
used to be duplicated in contribute.html and lists.html, but that way it
got out of sync.)  I'm sure a patch to bugs.html to say "If you wish to
submit a patch for a bug, see the <a href="contribute.html">instructions
on contributing to GCC</a>." would be considered.  Likewise I suppose we
could arrange for the Bugzilla pages for individual bugs to make prominent
notices about how to contribute patches - the page for entering new bugs
has a big notice "Before reporting a bug, please read the bug writing
guidelines, please look at the list of most frequently reported bugs, and
please search for the bug." so those for individual bugs could have a
notice pointing patch contributors to contribute.html.

--
Joseph S. Myers               http://www.srcf.ucam.org/~jsm28/gcc/
    [EMAIL PROTECTED] (personal mail)