----Original Message----

  Yes, that was solely an example of the difference between 'identities' and
'functions', for illustration, in case there was any ambiguity in the
language, but was not meant to be an example of an *actual* identity that
has a restriction on the valid range of inputs.  Sorry for not being
clearer.

    cheers,
      DaveK