> > MfG Kai
>
> OK, then let me explain it to you. The problem with the GCC Bugzilla
> reporting system is that it's a system that only other developers can
> tolerate, let alone love.

You probably feel this way about all Bugzilla's then, since they are all
the same except for the really large ones.
Right?
However, if there is some you'd rather see us emulate, please let me
know what it is.
> The entire GCC website (of which GCC
> Bugzilla is a part) could be the poster child for why developers
> should never be allowed to design user interfaces, especially web user
> interfaces.

You've forgotten that as a non-ui expert, I set my goals low when
dealing with bugzilla forms, because I knew i wasn't a UI expert

The main design goal of gcc bugzilla's forms were

1. Not be as horrible as GNATSweb to enter bugs
2. Not be as horrible as GNATSweb to search for bugs
3. Not be as horrible as GNATSweb to generate reports

In these respects, it's a rousing success! :)

Our forms match bugzilla's default forms except where for where we
replaced or changed a small number of fields.

As such, they don't have the customization that
KDE/GNOME/RedHat/whoever's bugzilla forms you like (if you like any
Bugzilla's at all).

There are currently some UI hackathons going on in Bugzilla world to
make the forms nicer to look at and use, but Bugzilla is not my primary
job.

As such, I keep up to date in what's going on in bugzilla world, keep
our code merged with the latest bugzilla cvs (This can be seen on
http://www.dberlin.org/bugzilla-cvs. We haven't had a stellar reason to
upgrade to the 2.20 series yet, so i haven't bothered).
When developers or users tell me they need/want things, i do those
things, assuming their is some consensus (or it's non-controversial).

So the main reason the forms suck is because nobody has ever told me
what to do to make them not suck!