On 2005-05-31 15:33:48 +0200, Andreas Schwab wrote:
> Vincent Lefevre <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
> >>
> >> What about LDBL_* from <float.h>?
> >
> > What do you mean here?
>
> They give you access to long double in a portable manner,

No, this is not portable, since if extended precision is necessary to
get correct results for some application, the same application run on
PowerPC, where there is no extended precision, would give incorrect
results.

> but if you change the rounding mode then the constants are no longer
> accurate.

The implementation could provide another way to get the necessary
information; perhaps nextafterl()...

--
Vincent Lefèvre <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> - Web: <http://www.vinc17.org/>