James A. Morrison wrote:
Robert Dewar <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

Yes, it's still the rule :-) and we have about 10,000 test directories
now, many with a lot of code (it's many millions of lines in all, a
good thing that machines are getting faster). In fact our test suite
seems to take somewhat over an hour to execute on fastest machines,
and that has been fairly constant!

 It would be nice to have some of these tests integrated into GCC for the rest
of us to test with.

The great majority of these tests cannot be integrated into GCC, since
they contain proprietary customer code. As you know we are now trying
to provide test cases with fixes as we make patches to the Ada front
end, but these tests have yet to be integrated into some Ada test suite.

There are some tests among the 10,000 that could be put into such an
Ada test suite, but that's quite a lot of work, and has not yet
been carried out (it is certainly on the list to do).