Mark Mitchell <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> The function type is no more
> cv-qualified than any other function type; the only thing that's
> cv-qualified is the type pointed to by the first argument.

The standard does not agree with you though, see 9.3.1/3. In fact, what
happens is that we currently deduce the type wrong (PR 8271) because of the
fact that the METHOD_TYPE is not cv-qualified. So either we special-case
this, or we represent it correctly.

FWIW, Jason agreed that the right way to fix this problem is to put cv
qualification on METHOD_TYPE, rather than special-case hacks:

Giovanni Bajo