--- Tom Tromey <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> KC> 2005-08-19  Kelley Cook  <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> KC>   * Makefile.am (ACLOCAL_AMFLAGS): Also include "..".
> KC>   * acinclude.m4: Delete.  Extract CHECK_FOR_BROKEN_MINGW_LD to
> KC>   * mingwld.m4: ... this new file.
> KC>   * aclocal.m4, Makefile.in, gcj/Makefile.in: Regenerate.
> KC>   * include/Makefile.in, testsuite/Makfile.in: Regenerate.
>
> You used automake 1.9.4 to build Makefile.in.

Yes, Andrew had used 1.9.4 in his patch
(http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc-cvs/2005-08/msg00618.html) from a few days
before, so I did also.  I actually had to download that version first.

> AIUI, with the exception of libgfortran, the tree is currently
> standardized on automake 1.9.3.  I wouldn't mind an update, but it
> ought to be done globally and install.texi ought to be updated.
> Meanwhile, having folks using different versions causes cvs churn...

Unfortunately, we have automake 1.9.3, 1.9.4 and 1.9.5 floating
throughout the tree.  I propose standardizing the entire tree on 1.9.6,
as it is the current release; moreover the 1.9 branch has only had a
few minor patches since 1.9.6 was released 6 weeks ago so 1.9.6 might
be stable for a while.

> Probably we should have a script in contrib/ that downloads and
> builds all the currently-required tool versions.

This would be very cool.