Jonathan Day <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> My question is simple enough - has anyone built a
> toolchain for a MIPS64-Linux-GNU target?

Yes, I did, last year.

But I did it through a tedious iterative process--build the binutils,
build the compiler until it fails building libgcc, install parts of
it, build glibc enough to install the header files (with the kernel
header files there too), build the rest of the compiler, build the
rest of glibc.  Various things broke along the way and needed
patching.  I think it took me about a week, interspersed with other
things.

It's an interesting exercise for people who want to really learn how
all these tools work together.  If your main interest is in actually
getting something done, it's bound to be rather frustrating.

Sorry I can't be more helpful, except to say that it is indeed
possible.

Ian