On Sat, 2023-07-08 at 12:33 -0400, Paul Smith wrote:
> On Sat, 2023-07-08 at 17:30 +0200, Andreas Schwab wrote:
> > That needs to be sysconf (_SC_SEM_VALUE_MAX), and thus is not
> > suitable for a constexpr.
>
> Oh right, obviously.
>
> Well, I guess I'll have to try to figure out why it's not defined.
> Sigh.

I figured it out.  I'm sure it's such a weird problem no one else will
hit it but just in case:

In order to use clangd without errors I need to use the clangd
intrinsics: clang can't parse the GCC intrinsics correctly.  The clang
limits.h uses #include_next <limits.h> which happens to find GCC's
include-fixed/limits.h and includes it in such a way that it doesn't
try to include the full system limits.h, so I only have the basics and
not all the POSIX extensions etc.

If I convince clangd to ignore BOTH the GCC intrinsics directory AND
the GCC include-fixed directory, then everything works as expected.