On Wed, 30 Aug 2023, juzhe.zh...@rivai.ai wrote:

> I am wondering whether we do have some situations that
> vec_pack/vec_unpack/vec_widen_xxx/dot_prod pattern can be beneficial for RVV ?
> I have ever met some situation that vec_unpack can be beneficial when working
> on SELECT_VL but I don't which case....

With fixed size vectors you'll face the situation that the vectorizer
chooses the "wrong" vector type so yes, I think implementing
vec_unpack[s]_{lo,hi} might be useful.  But I wouldn't prioritize this
until you have a more clear picture of how useful it would be.

Richard.

--
Richard Biener <rguent...@suse.de>
SUSE Software Solutions Germany GmbH,