Richard Biener via Gcc writes:
>> It is possible that the build would perhaps work, but the configure
>> check for the presence of a D compiler requires not just the compiler,
>> but also a runtime and thus fails on Cygwin.
>
> The alternative then ist to build D with a cross compiler.

Which also doesn't currently exist AFAIK, so that doesn't really seem
to be an option that eases the process.  I've recently recovered the Ada
compiler on Cygwin as it was broken on Cygwin since gcc-8 and in the end
I've gone back to gcc-7 to then build it again on gcc-11.  Anyway, I
plan to set up a cross-compiling environment from Linux since I've
upgraded my main box recently to something I could actually do a build
on, but of course I'll have to find some extra time for doing that.

Regards,
Achim.