On Sun, Jun 23, 2024 at 12:02 AM Jonathan Wakely via Gcc
<gcc@gcc.gnu.org> wrote:

> > release archive at https://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/gcc/.

> > > It is located at https://gcc.gnu.org/ftp/gcc/releases/gcc-12.4.0/ .
> >
> > Ok, just that this url is not advertised at
> > https://www.gnu.org/prep/ftp.html.
> >

> That is not a page controlled by the GCC project.
>

> > > Looks like it was not updated to the ftp.gnu.org <http://ftp.gnu.org/>
> > Is the hidden url preferable? Should I update the build scripts to get the
> > archive from gcc.gnu.org/ftp, or stick to ftp.gnu.org <http://ftp.gnu.org/
> > >/gnu?
> >

> The GCC project makes GCC releases, not the GNU project. The mirror sites
> given on the GCC website all have the release:
>
> https://gcc.gnu.org/mirrors.html

It looks like Jakub didn't upload to ftp.gnu.org or for some reason
that process didn't
succeed (though I got no upload failure message).  We split the work
on the release
so that likely resulted in this omission.  I expect this will be
fixed/investigated on Monday.

Richard.