Am 17.09.24 um 19:03 schrieb Arsen Arsenović:
Hi,

Georg-Johann Lay writes:

For a trivial change that I'd like to bootstrap + regtest, I am
am getting FAILs like:

$ diff xxx/gcc/testsuite/gcc/gcc.sum  yyy/gcc/testsuite/gcc/gcc.sum
164656c164656
< PASS: c-c++-common/tsan/atomic_stack.c   -O0  output pattern test
---
FAIL: c-c++-common/tsan/atomic_stack.c   -O0  output pattern test
164659c164659
< FAIL: c-c++-common/tsan/atomic_stack.c   -O2  output pattern test
---
PASS: c-c++-common/tsan/atomic_stack.c   -O2  output pattern test
164662c164662
< PASS: c-c++-common/tsan/bitfield_race.c   -O0  output pattern test
---
FAIL: c-c++-common/tsan/bitfield_race.c   -O0  output pattern test
164668c164668
< PASS: c-c++-common/tsan/fd_pipe_race.c   -O0  output pattern test
---
FAIL: c-c++-common/tsan/fd_pipe_race.c   -O0  output pattern test
164674c164674
< FAIL: c-c++-common/tsan/free_race.c   -O0  output pattern test
---
PASS: c-c++-common/tsan/free_race.c   -O0  output pattern test

Is there anything special so that these tests don't arbitrary flip
their PASS/FAIL state?

The GCC version that's being tested is current trunk.
The build compiler is GCC v14.2.1.

The two testsuites (one for xxx and one for yyy) are being run
at the same time (in their tmux panes).  For what I know tests
may run at the same time when they are in different build
directories.

They can.  That's fine.

The configure command is basically

$ ../../source/gcc/configure

The command to run the testsuites is

$ make check

from the respective top level build directory.

For TSAN tests, this might happen on some machines, for a reason I am
yet to determine (I've also seen it on cfarm420, but not on my PC).

Ok, thanks.  So it's not a big deal.  I saw it on cfarm420.

Johann

If you wish to confirm this is spurious, you could rerun that part of
the testsuite on the same source tree and compare the results.  I expect
you'll get differences again (and not the same ones as the ones you
showed above).

I'd love to know why this happens, but haven't looked far into it yet.