On Thu, Oct 20, 2005 at 07:46:52AM -0700, Mark Mitchell wrote:
> Joseph S. Myers wrote:
>
> > I don't think keeping the CVS repository up to date after the move to
> > subversion is worthwhile
>
> I agree.
>
> I think that keeping CVS up-to-date is not a good use of resources; when
> we switch, we switch.  If for some reason we have to switch back, we
> switch back.  Let's not introduce last-minute feature creep.

Another possibility is to increase the frequency of snapshots after
the switch to subversion.  They will have a lower cost, since it will
no longer be necessary to lock the database for an hour to attach the
snapshot tag.  Or maybe no tag is necessary at all for snapshots,
if all we need to record is the global revision number.