Hi,

This is the status report for the GSoC project that I'm still working
on. Sorry for the batch of time that I didn't send a work report.

This time I set out to:

    - Work in the bind() clause implementation.
    - Keep an eye in the review of the Forge PR for the C and C++
      OpenACC directives support

Over this time:

    - I re-configured my setup and refactor the build utility that I
      have to support a configuration file to make my life easier.

    - I got some input for the patch that I sent in Forge (C and C++
      OpenACC directives support) and fix them.

    - I sent the PR to Forge adding the support for init,
      set and shutdown to the C and C++ frontends

            https://forge.sourceware.org/gcc/gcc/pulls/225

    - I got some comments from my mentors in that PR but I forgot to follow
      those instructions (separate the patch into 3 patches).

    - I implemented a prototype for the bind() clause, and get some
      feedback from my mentors in the implementation.

Current status

    - I just sent the patch series to the mailing list following the
      instructions from my mentors:
            https://gcc.gnu.org/pipermail/gcc-patches/2026-October/733396.html
            https://gcc.gnu.org/pipermail/gcc-patches/2026-October/733395.html
            https://gcc.gnu.org/pipermail/gcc-patches/2026-October/733394.html

      I canceled the PR from Forge because I consider easier to send
      those patches to the mailing list directly, since I had to split
      the commit into three.

      The next patch I'll test Forge workflow again!

    - The bind() clause implementation got some errors from the
      testcases that my mentors suggests, this two weeks I was
      experimenting a lot with GIMPLE, specifically with the attributes
      and how the IR translates to GIMPLE in some moment to solve the
      issue with the clause implementation.


The priority is to catch up the bind() cluase patch and continue with
the next task (device_type implementation), also reviewing the OpenACC 
spec looking for unimplemented features in order to add support in GCC 
to those features.

Sorry again for the delay!

Best,
Sebastian 

Reply via email to