On Saturday 12 November 2005 16:11, Per Bothner wrote:

> I'm clearly not explaining myself ...

Well, it doesn't help that I'm not really good at language stuff, so don't
worry and thanks for putting up with the silly questions.

> However, ideally the compiler should realize that x actually has
> the more specific type 'int __attribute__((never_null)) *', and
> should use that information to generate better code.  It seems
> this should be straightforward using SSA, as I sketched in my

Aha, yes, that's fine then.

I'll defer the decision of type vs function attribute to you folks.
However you end up marking it, that will only mean a couple line change in
VRP.