BTW, did you capture the fact that BOOT_ADAFLAGS are no longer
passed with the new configure; make bootstrap ? FWIW, I can't really do
more testing or give more feedback on the new approach until this is
fixed.

I just verified that it works with --disable-bootstrap; make bootstrap.

As for bootstraping libada, as you said we already build the object needed
by the compiler. Your argument that "compiling more unneeded stuff will
help find bugs" is not really an argument, since it would equally apply to
basically all the tests under the "tests" directory.

Also you should keep in mind that building more stuff as part of the bootstrap
is also painful on non x86* machines which are typically not that fast.

And requiring to have two builds (one with --disable-bootstrap and one
without) is certainly not realistic, at least not in the world I live in.

Arno