Christopher Faylor wrote:
> ptys are supposed to have invisible consoles associated with them.  Since
> xterm uses an invisible console I still don't see why there should be
> a console popup.
>
> This still sounds like a cygwin problem to me.

As a test case, I'd recommend the latest code I posted.  If a MinGW
application tries to open CONOUT$ with CreateFile, it gets
INVALID_HANDLE_VALUE, so the OS doesn't seem to think the console is
available.  Perhaps the handle for the invisible console isn't inheritable?

Even if this is a Cygwin problem, it will still make sense for to fix
libiberty; we can't assume that all users are using either Cygwin or a
console, so we still have to handle the case that there is no console
available when we want to spawn another program, with that program's
standard streams redirected.

--
Mark Mitchell
CodeSourcery