On Fri, 19 May 2006, Roger Sayle wrote:

> Indeed, no good deed ever goes unpunished.  In fact, isn't it the MIPS
> backend's use of the GOFAST libraries which is one of the major blockers

The GOFAST support is almost certainly unused and can probably be removed;
at least, no-one has cared enough to fix the GOFAST case of bug 24998.
(The relevant code to remove is I think the enable_gofast check in
config.gcc, the documentation in doc/tm.texi, the file config/gofast.h,
all the GOFAST conditionals in fp-bit.c and fp-bit.h, the effectively dead
use of config/gofast.h and gofast_maybe_init_libfuncs in sparc/sparc.c,
the comment in mips/elforion.h, the support in mips/mips.c, the file
mips/t-gofast, and the use of US_SOFTWARE_GOFAST in mips/t-sr71k; the
US_SOFTWARE_GOFAST macro can then be poisoned.)

--
Joseph S. Myers               http://www.srcf.ucam.org/~jsm28/gcc/
    [EMAIL PROTECTED] (personal mail)