Ian Lance Taylor writes:
 > Andrew Haley <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
 >
 > > Yes.  You'll need to represent virtual function calls at the GIMPLE
 > > level, or to keep track of which calls are associated with which
 > > methods.  This is key to getting IPA to work.
 > >
 > > It should be fairly easy, given a class and a vtable offset, to find
 > > the method.  This will require a callback into the front end.
 >
 > But note that IPA via LTO is not going to permit callbacks into the
 > front end, because there isn't going to be a front end.  So the
 > information needs to be represented in GIMPLE somewhere.

I understand, but (IIRC) every time this has come up there has been
some disagreement: I remember it being said that GIMPLE wasn't
supposed to represent abstractions such as virtual methods.  I may be
misremembering!

Anyway, a front end callback is surely good enought for a proof of
concept.

Andrew.