Geoffrey Keating wrote:

OK, I agree: a native compiler, with no special options, isn't too hard. I don't think typing that sequence twice would be too hard either, though. :-)

For something that's not too hard, it's sure causing me a lot of trouble...

But, the trouble you're having is not because you have to build an external library; it's because the external library you're building doesn't work on your system, or, at least, doesn't work with obvious default build options. So, we should fix the external library, or, in the worst case, declare that external library beyond salvage.

In contrast, as I understand it, Ian's perturbed about the idea of having an external library at all.

--
Mark Mitchell
CodeSourcery