On Wed, 1 Nov 2006, Andrew Pinski wrote:

> Also it would be nice to have an attribute or a new keyword to get the
> old "extern inline" behavior, something like __extern_but_inline?  Or is
> there a real equavilant with C99 style inling (I have not followed this
> part close enough to figure that out).

The equivalent is plain "inline" BUT all file scope declarations of the
inline function in the whole translation unit must use "inline" and not
use "extern" (block scope ones not satisfying this are OK).  Thus

int foo();
inline int foo() { ... }

exports foo, as does

inline int foo() { ... }
// Declaration below might be a previously redundant one in user code.
extern int foo();

and this is what means it's not just a straight substitution in headers.

--
Joseph S. Myers
[EMAIL PROTECTED]