On 2/12/07, Vladimir Makarov <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

  I like df infrastructure code from the day one for its clearness.
Unfortunately users don't see it and probably don't care about it.
With my point of view the df infrastructure has a design flaw.  It
extracts a lot of information about RTL and keep it on the side.  It
does not make the code fast.

It also does not make code slow.  And the data it extracts and keeps
on the side, could be used to simplify many algorithms in gcc (most
notably, cprop, mode switching, and regmove).  There is a tremendous
potential for speedups in RTL passes if they start using the df
register caches, instead of traversing the PATTERN of every insn.

Gr.
Steven