On 2/13/07, Vladimir Makarov <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
I am just trying to convince that the proposed df infrastructure is not
ready and might create serious problems for this release and future
development because it is slow.  Danny is saying that the beauty of the
infrastracture is just in improving it in one place.  I am agree in this
partially.  I am only affraid that solution for faster infrastructure
(e.g. another slimmer data representation) might change the interface
considerably.  I am not sure that I can convinince in this.  But I am
more worried about 4.3 release and I really believe that inclusion of
the data flow infrastructure should be the 1st step of stage 1 to give
people more time to solve at least some problems.

I recall this wonderful quote of just a few days ago, which perfectly
expresses my feelings about the proposed merge of the dataflow branch
for GCC 4.3:

"I would hope that the
community would accept the major structural improvement, even if it is
not a 100% complete transition, and that we can then work on any
remaining conversions in the fullness of time."
   -- Mark Mitchell, 11 Feb 2007  [1]

:-D

Gr.
Steven