On Mar 12, 2007, at 1:47 PM, Andrew Pinski wrote:
Can I recommend something just crazy, rewrite the C++ front-end so they don't use the tree structure at all except when lowering until gimple like the rest of the GCC front-ends?

:-) I don't have any objections, as long as people can keep the compilation speed up, though, sounds like a bit of work. I'd look towards a project architect to help steer us towards goodness and keep us out of trouble. I can see some advantage to having a cleaner boundary between the front-ends and the mid-end.