Hello all,
I`m working with an arm core 9260EJ-S under Linux (Linux kernel 2.6.15; armv5l-linux toolchain with compiler gnu gcc 3.4.2). I would like to take advantage of the asm DSP like functions the core provides. I compile this way:

arm-linux-gnu -msoft-float -mtune=arm926ejs -S mul.c

Code generated uses these assembly dsp instructions sometimes (I think critical parts should be assembly written), but it exists any kind of patch or derivative to "tell" gcc to improve the code generated using these kind of 1 cycle instructions more offently?

Thanks in advance.

Victor Librado Sancho