I am working on the cegcc project (http://cegcc.sourceforge.net), which
bundles a bunch of the GNU development tools to produce a
cross-development environment for ARM devices running Windows CE. The
development hosts supported are Linux and Cygwin.

Gcov normally puts the files where it writes profiling information in
the source directory. In a cross-development environment, that directory
isn't always available.

Gcc has support for overriding that directory at runtime.

Unfortunately, on Windows CE, that is not always easy.

I've patched my copy of gcc to be able to specify a different directory
at compile-time (instead of at run time).

I can cleanup and submit my patch if there's interest.

Prior to that, I have a question : should this support be steered via
parameters on the compiler command line, or from environment values ?

I've currently implemented a command line arguement -fcoverage-base=xx
which can be used like this :
arm-wince-cegcc-gcc -g -D_WIN32_IE=0x0400 --coverage -fcoverage-base="\
\storage card\\devel" -o fibo.exe fibo.c

        Danny
--
Danny Backx ; danny.backx - at - scarlet.be ; http://danny.backx.info