On Tue, 1 May 2007, Diego Novillo wrote:

> Some amount of parallelism may occur, but we will have to adapt many LTO
> chunks when the tuple work goes in mainline.  The data structures for
> the IL will be completely different, after all.

Also, LTO hasn't been merged from mainline in a long time; there will be a
big piece of work for whoever does the next merge from mainline to LTO.

One big piece of the tree representation changes on LTO branch (CALL_EXPR)
has been merged to trunk.  Another big piece (TYPE_ARG_TYPES) hasn't, but
is still scheduled for Stage 1.  The remaining pieces are smaller - and
many were preapproved for 4.3 - but I don't know what plans there are for
merging them to trunk.

Once all the tree representation changes are merged to trunk, that might
make a merge into LTO branch easier (in that all non-LTO-related conflicts
can be resolved by taking the trunk version).

--
Joseph S. Myers
[EMAIL PROTECTED]