The RTEMS community is still building and trying to test RC2.
We always build with newlib.

Ralf encountered problems on the avr and bfin during the tool
build and has filed or updated PRs for those.
I am now building the complete RTEMS source tree and tests
for every board and multilib.  The build is probably about 1/3
of the way through and so far, I have not encountered any problems.

I have a lot left to build though and haven't actually run an executable yet.

--joel

Mark Mitchell wrote:
GCC 4.2.0 RC3 is now available from:

  ftp://gcc.gnu.org/pub/gcc/prerelease-4.2.0-20070501

This build now contains the fixes for the Ada build problem present in RC2.

At this point, I have no plans for an RC4.  However, I am reviewing the
various open issues, and available patches, so I might change my mind
about that.

Please see:

  http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc/2007-05/msg00032.html

for information about reporting problems.

Thanks,