Mike Stump wrote:
In ipa-type-escape.c we have:

  /* Return either TYPE if this is first time TYPE has been seen an
     compatible TYPE that has already been processed.  */

I'd fix it, if I knew I knew what it meant.  either, an and that are
the things that are confusing to me.

Return TYPE if no type compatible with TYPE has been seen so far, otherwise return a type compatible with TYPE that has already been processed.

Or,

Find a type compatible with TYPE among those that have been processed, and return it. If none can be found, register and return TYPE.

(It took me two/three iterations to read your message too. You want to quote "either", "an" and "that" probably...).

Paolo