Steven Bosscher wrote:
> On 5/12/07, Mark Mitchell <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>> PR 31797: An infinite loop in the compiler while building RTEMS.
>> Daniel, I see you've been commenting on this; are you working on the
>> fix?  If so, do you have an ETA?
>
> Why are you waiting for this one? RTEMS is not a primary or secondary
> platform.  So there is no reason to wait with the release because of
> this PR, according to the release criteria (xf.
> http://gcc.gnu.org/gcc-4.2/criteria.html).

I'm not particularly interested in it because of its RTEMS-ness.
Rather, I'm interested in it because it's a new case of the compiler
failing to correctly process valid code, not present in previous
versions of GCC.  The test case is not RTEMS-specific; it's a problem
that looks like it could equally well apply to lots of other code out
there making use of volatile storage.

--
Mark Mitchell
CodeSourcery