I am aware of three remaining projects which are or might be appropriate
for Stage 1:

* Dataflow branch.

  Kenny et. al. plan to merge this Monday.

* PTR_PLUS branch.

  I believe that this branch should be included in GCC 4.3.  Andrew,
would you please update me as to its status?  In particular, are there
any regressions on primary or secondary targets at this point?

* Fixed-point branch.

  I've looked at the general infrastructure for this branch.  While I
have some questions and/or concerns, it appears to me that the changes I
reviewed are unlikely to affect anything except fixed-point.  In other
words, the only risk is that the quality of the fixed-point code itself
is unsatisfactory, in which case we can always disable it in 4.3.
Therefore, I'm inclined to include this branch as well.  Are there any
objections to that course of action?

In the interests of moving forwards, I therefore plan to close this
exceptionally long Stage 1 as of next Friday, June 15th.  The projects
named above may be merged, even though we will be in Stage 2 -- but no
other functionality of Stage 1 scope may be included after this point.

I am also considering a "lockdown" period beginning June 15th during
which we would go into a regressions-only mode (other than possible
merges of the functionality above) in order to begin eliminating some of
the problems that have come in with the exciting new infrastructure.
Any comments on that course of action?

Thanks,

--
Mark Mitchell