Michael Veksler wrote:
> >What do you think?

On Tue, Jul 10, 2007 at 06:58:50PM +0200, Paolo Carlini wrote:
> I think that the "current" solution is very, very old, and "heaven"
> knows how many others didn't work at the time on some "exotic"
> platforms. I would suggest filing a PR and CCing Benjamin.

The ODR is a rule that applies to users' programs; if they violate it,
we can't make any promises that their program will work.  If there's
a violation in the internals of the libstdc++ implementation, then this only
really matters if it breaks something.  Otherwise I'd suggest classifying
the "bug" P5 (absolute lowest priority); there are any number of real
bugs that are more important to fix.