Paolo Bonzini <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> > "The types defined in this manner can be used with a subset of
> > normal C operations. Currently, GCC will allow using the following
> > operators on these types: +, -, *, /, unary minus, ^, |, &, ~.".
>
> What was missing is "when allowed by the base type".  E.g. >> is not
> supported.

I think we should revert the patch, and continue permitting the
bitwise operations on vector float.

There seem to be solid reasons to permit this, and no very strong ones
to prohibit it.  We can consider it to be a GNU extension for vectors.
Vectors are of course themselves an extension already.

Ian