> Someone has committed a patch that is causing both
> gfortran.dg/do_3.F90 and gfortran.dg/c_char_tests.f03
> to fail at -O3 on amd64-*-freebsd.  A quick inspection
> of fortran/ChangeLog doesn't yield a pointer to any
> particular commit.  This may be caused by some middle-end
> change, but I won't have time to narrow down the
> revision until later tonight.

Actually I just looked into the testcases - they are caused by the
inliner change (and the problem didn't appear at the original testing
run).  The problem is that fortran never set DECL_INLINE on anything, so
we ended up not doing any automatic inlining with exception of inlining
functions called once and at -Os.  Inliner now makes it's own decision
on auto inlining and thus we uncover the latent bug.

Because of the famous duplicated declaration problem, I am not sure if
inlining is not completely unsafe for fortan and we would not be forced
to disable it completely (not just partly as before the patch).  This
would be rather sad.
My fortran-fu is however not at level to figure out what precisely is
going wrong in those two testcases.

Honza