> Jan Hubicka wrote:
>
> > I am basically trying to avoid need for DECL_INLINE (while keeping
> > DECL_DECLARED_INLINE and DECL_UNINLINABLE for frontend use) - inliner is
> > now doing all the job himself to figure out what is or isn't needed.
>
> That certainly makes sense to me.
>
> > With the noreturn warning made unconditional:

> > With the noreturn warning disabled completely:

> > So it seems to be all about those warnings now.
>
> OK, that sounds pretty encouraging.

One problem that I am concerned about is that C++ frontend is actually
trying to avoid instantiating some stuff that it knows will not be
needed if not inlined.  I would kill this logic, but I hope this is the
case where the feature is not worth the maintenance cost.

I've applied the patch for C++ nightly testing, for tramp3d, the
difference seems to be in wash.  I will do some proofreading tomorrow
and send updated patch.

Honza