On 9/29/07, FX Coudert <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Comments are highly welcome, both on the idea itself, and on the Perl
> script (my Perl is a bit rusty since I haven't used it for years).

I think that if indeed metahtml is in such a bad shape as you
describe, moving away from it asap is the right thing to do. But I'm
not convinced that developing a gcc.gnu.org-specific template engine
is the correct answer. There's plenty of such things available out
there that are actively maintained and developed. E.g. "Template
Toolkit" seems rather widely used, is written in perl (not my
favourite language, but...) so it should work on the current
webserver, is installable via CPAN, and contains a command-line
utility that can be used to generate an entire site in one go, see
http://www.template-toolkit.org/docs/tutorial/Web.html

--
Janne Blomqvist