> On Wed, Oct 03, 2007 at 12:24:27PM +0200, Manfred Schwarb wrote:
> > I'm in a loss where to search for the real cause. Has anybody a hint
> > how to proceed further?
>
> Sounds like weird-but-somewhat-determinist behaviour you can get when
> you do out-of-bounds access on the stack or this kind of problems.
> Did you try valgrind or your os-of-choice equivalent on the code?
>
>   OG.

I retested with valgrind just now, there was actually one problem
in an unrelated function ("Conditional jump or move depends on
uninitialised value"). I fixed this now with proper initialization.

After this correction the codes passes cleanly with valgrind and efence.

But this did not help, I still do get wrong code with "-fforce-addr",
the behaviour did not change at all.

Thanks,
Manfred