Hi,
thanks for writting the proposal.  It seems that at least in general
terms we are all in sync.
> At this point we are interested in getting feedback on the general idea.
> There is some refactoring that will be needed inside the call-graph
> manager and some aspects of the design may not even need a lot of
> changes in GCC. But in general, it will require very efficient IR streaming.

Doing call graph changes should not be that hard (I was trying to keep
similar deisgn in mind when implementing it, even if we stepped away
from the plan in some cases, like reorganizing passes from vertical to
horisontal order). Nearest problem I see is merging different
declarations of units read back, I have prototype implementation of DECL
merging pass done from my trip this week and hope to have it working at
least for --combine and C during christmas.

Honza